Do you think your animal companion needs to be spayed or neutered? Our veterinarians in Jackson at Jackson Animal Clinic conduct these procedures for cats and dogs. We will ensure your pet’s safety throughout the procedure and recovery. Get spay and neuter services from our veterinarians today.
What Are Spay and Neuter?
Spaying is the removal of a female animal's reproductive organs, including the ovaries and uterus. With this procedure, the animal cannot get pregnant or have heat cycles. Pet neutering is the removal of a male animal's testicles. This prevents him from being able to reproduce.
There are health reasons for conducting these procedures. For instance, spaying eliminates the risk of mammary cancer and pyometra which is a life-threatening infection of the uterus. Neutering can help prevent testicular cancer. With these risks gone, your pet can live a longer, healthier life.
Other Spay and Neuter Benefits
- Neutered pets are less aggressive: Studies have shown that spayed and neutered animals are less likely to attack other animals or people. This is because they don't feel the need to defend their territory or mate.
- They're less likely to roam: Animals that are looking for a mate will often wander far from home. This can lead to them getting lost or hit by a car. Spaying and neutering your pet at our animal hospital will help to keep them close to home.
- They're less likely to mark their territory: Non-altered male animals will often urinate around the home to mark their territory. This can be a nuisance for you and your family. Spaying and neutering will help to reduce this behavior.
- Less likely to yowl: Non-altered female animals will often yowl when they are in heat. This can be annoying for you and your neighbors. Spaying can eliminate this behavior.
- It helps curb over-population: One problem facing animal shelters is the large number of animals that need homes. Every year, millions of animals are euthanized because there aren't enough homes for them. Spaying or neutering by our veterinarians can help reduce this problem. Since your pet can't reproduce, they won't contribute to the over-population problem.
Visit Jackson Animal Clinic for Spay and Neuter Services
As you can see, there are many benefits to spaying and neutering your pets. If you are thinking about having this procedure done, we urge you to visit Jackson Animal Clinic. Our animal hospital offers high-quality spay and neuter services. We will make sure your pet is comfortable and safe throughout the process. Call our team today at (731) 668-1440 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.